The peace of the silence, and it's thunderous ending [Narrative] (Edited In Long Version)
For a moment, I stop thinking, and in that moment I felt the beating of my heart pushing my blood, and as the time kept going, I felt like… my life was running out of my body, I was dying.
I tried to remember, but I just had that strange feeling, the desire of forget everything, but I think all is like the movies tell you, and you can’t avoid to see your life coming just in front of your nose in those last seconds, when you know that all is over for you, that you won’t see them anymore, when you know, that no matter what you do… death has coming for you.
Someone came to me, I just look… the face, there was all confuse, I was dizzy, and I couldn’t, recognize… and then, the voice, and, I know that, although I could not remember who that was, I would ever remember that voice, not just because I’m sure is a really important person for me, but because that words were… so… warmth…
It’s the end.
…
In the camp, everything was no more than sound and bullets, the war had begun, or in this case, continued.
…
In somewhere the little boy was wondering about his dad, would he fine? A strange empty came in his stomach, and that feeling wasn’t a good sign, the war had taken some other one’s lives, but… Why had his father gone to fight, that was so unfair, there was too many people fighting for the country… there was so many partners fathers that dead in the war, and there was this weird feeling, there will be more, and although he knew that was a lot o possibilities that his died too, there was hope.
…
The plane across the skies making a very strong sound while the air passed through the turbines, the captain was thinking of what he was about to do, he wondered himself if this worth enough to do it, if the honor will be enough to fight to the regrets that will come someday at midnight, and that attack in the nightmares destroying your mind in pieces because of the conscience.
He looked through the window, and remembered her wife, her words, had hurt him so much, and what she said was haunting him, like the ghost of all the souls he was about reducing to dust, to fire, and to pain. She said “You can’t do this, because if you do this, I won’t be able to believe that I’m with the person I’ve loved all my life, and won’t be able to afford the pain that you are about to cause to all the people and the world, and I won’t support you if you chose to do this”
I won’t blame her of anything, and although I know I shouldn’t, I can’t do anything to avoid it, to release me for this responsibility.
…
The bomb was waiting, there was all against the clock, in two minutes, everything will be reduced to pieces.
…
The soldier and with the last breathe he can, saw his soldier friend, finally he recognized him, and with soft words, he said goodbye to his best friend ever, his lasts over the world.
…
The kid saw an army plain crossing the skies, and in the last terrible seconds, he knew… This was just the beginning, this won’t be the last time the humanity will saw this scene, there will be more, but I’m afraid, this may be, the last war would ever a human see..
His mind started to think very fast, Why? He wondered himself, he was too young, he hadn’t even knew so much experiences, and now he was so near to his… and… life was just beginning, and everything got ruined because of the adults and them problems, he can’t even enjoy his childhood.
…
The plain let the bomb fall through the skies, there was no more but the silence of that day, like if there was no matter the city was just behind them, if a few feet under them, there reign the quiet and for the last second the peace was alive… and then they saw it… dead.
Sound like thunder filled that silence, and then, all was as quiet as a grave, actually, there was no more that corpses.