Wie Herrlich
"Well, are you happy?" he
asked, his tender smile has always been one thing that was adorable for me
“Well, I think I am, well, how often does
somebody gets his dream come true?” I replied, and I could felt a void inside
me, as well as a joy living in my insides.
“Perhaps you’re right, but I don’t know…
It seems too much…” He said as he looked other way, like trying to avoid my
sight. “So what’s next?”
I didn’t really know what to answer to
that question, at the end the plan didn’t really went that far, “I’m not sure”
I replied.
“Well, maybe you should figure it out” he
said and the tone in his voice was harsh.
“What does that supposed to mean?”
“I just… may I ask something?” He looked
back at me, and I really couldn’t stand that look, it seemed between confusion
and concerned… I tried to avoid it but he didn’t let me, and he just made me
see him… “Was that really worth it?”
I tried to think, I wanted to say
something to make him see how I felt, but I’ve never been a person which can
easily express how I feel, I’ve always hide my feelings so that other people
would always find me strong, perhaps that was not the idea I’ve formed in others
people’s head. “I’ve told you, how often
does someone get what they’ve dreamt? It is very complicated”
“I know, but, you´re not really saying
that you’re happy about it… You’re just giving an excuse, and yeah it may be
complicated, but… there’s a kind of a sort… of cost… I was wondering, if you’re
alright with it”
A cost… yeah, maybe that was the best way
to call it, there’s a time when you cross bridges you’ve crossed you didn’t
know you cross until you’ve crossed… And maybe I did that… Was I crossing that
imaginary line? “I don’t think at it as a cost… For me is an opportunity”
He looked and my, kind of condescending, “It’s
alright, I’m always gonna support you, It’s just… I hope you’re happy in the
end”
But, “I couldn’t be happier…”
It was the time to go, to see the people, to
talk to them, to accomplish what I had worked for…
“…Though it is, I admit, a tiniest bit,
unlike I anticipated” I added, he just looked at me, kid of astonished of what
I’d confess, and then he just tried to smile…
And if that joy that thrills doesn’t thrill
like you think it will? … It’s too late to go back, I said to myself; it was
the moment.
I just walked, and some applauses started
to sound, there was some cheers and also some negative actions… It was the
moment to give my speech
“Thank you; I don’t know what to say… Ahm…
Well, first of all I want to say this is a very splendid day…” I continued
reading the piece of paper I did the night before, I read it without really
know what I was doing… It wasn’t a very splendid day for me… And even that, I had to smile... Because Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true.
Inspirado en Thank Goodness de Wicked; por muchas razones una de mis canciones favoritas..
Inspirado en Thank Goodness de Wicked; por muchas razones una de mis canciones favoritas..